Monday, December 20, 2010

Freezing My Finger's and Toes!

It's effing cold!

I'm sitting on the back porch, typing this and looking up at the sky every so often. Eclipse tonight baby! Perfect weather too, clear skies, with only the occasional cloud wisp drifting over.

When I grow up, I am going to buy a house with windows that let me see the moon! So I don't freeze my arse off when the next winter eclipse happens!

But I think it is worth it. It's really pretty tonight. No clouds, and it is cool to watch the shadow slowly creep over the moon. I'm remembering the Van Gogh episode of Doctor Who when Van Gogh said that the night sky isn't black, it's all sorts of colors. BOy was he right. There are trees outlined against the sky from where I am sitting, and they are black, so black they reinforce the blueness of the sky.

I need another cup of tea. and more socks.

I almost missed the eclipse tonight. I went to bed earlier than usual, but I woke up around midnight for some reason. Maybe because that is when I normally go to bed. I decided to check my facebook and lo and behold, a lot of people were posting about the eclipse. So I said to myself, "Dear lord, I am an idiot. How could I forget?"

Here I am. I wrote a bit of fiction, and read a bit of Lord of the Rings, and drank tea. Quite lovely. And the moon is turning dark.

I hate to go all religious on you, but things like eclipses get me think about The Higher Powers. Maybe I am a romantic fool, but when ever I see some thing amazing like an waters fall, or a fractal pattern or a hive of bumblebees to an eclipse on the solstice I think about how wonderful the world is and I know in my gut that there is Someone out there because it is just so effin' amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment